Visa, Travel and Accommodation
Please check with the Dutch embassy at your location whether you require a (Schengen) visa for the Netherlands. If you do, it is essential that you apply as soon as possible, because visa procedures may take much longer than anticipated. We provide a standard letter of invitation to assist you with your visa application. You need however to submit your own application to the relevant authority and follow up accordingly since the organizing committee is not in a position to intercede with consulates. More information about visa application for the Netherlands can be found here.
The most convenient mode of transport from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to Wageningen is by (direct) train to station Ede-Wageningen. From there, there is a regular bus service to Wageningen. Detailed travel information, including useful websites, can be found here.
If traveling by train, please note that the traditional paper railway tickets have been abolished. The paper ticket has been replaced by the 'OV chipcard' ('OV chipkaart' in Dutch), which is a public transport travel smart card. It can be used in all forms of public transport in the Netherlands. More information about traveling with the OV chipcard can be found here.
A YouTube movie on how to reach Wageningen from Schiphol Airport can be found here.
If you need to change your local currency to Euro, then do this at Schiphol Airport. There are no possibilities to change money in Wageningen. The closest exchange office is at Arnhem Central Train Station (30 min by bus from Wageningen).
ISRIC has pre-blocked fully equipped studios on the Wageningen Campus with private kitchen, bathroom and toilet (250 euro approx. for 7 days) at Duwo (student housing) under the reference ISRIC Spring School 2018. The studios are available until 12th April 2018.
Interested participants can obtain information through https://www.duwo.nl/en/i-search/accommodate/accommodate-wageningen/ or follow these steps:
- Fill out a contact form with your request; please select Wageningen as the subject and mention: ISRIC Spring School 2018
- Upon checking DUWO send you an activation email for my DUWO
- Upload the requested documents in My DUWO
- Once your documents have been approved, you will receive an email to sign your contract online
- Click the link to sign your tenancy agreement and check if there's an initial payment open. If so, pay it in My DUWO.
- Follow the instructions in My DUWO to sign your tenancy agreement online. The tenancy agreement has to be signed before arrival.
Alternatively, participants may book accommodation using a map of listed hotels:
- Hof van Wageningen (60 -100 euro p.p.p.n., Wageningen)
- Hotel de Wageningsche Berg (85-125 euro p.p.p.n., Wageningen)
- Hotel de Wereld (90-150 euro p.p.p.n., Wageningen)
- Hotel ReeHorst (60-90 euro p.p.p.n. (excl. breakfast), Ede. Good bus connection to Wageningen Campus and city centre)
- Hotel PTC+ (65 euro p.p.p.n.,Ede)
Fully equiped rooms can also be rented through www.shortstaywageningen.nl.
When looking for accommodation, we recommend finding a place in the neighbourhood of Wageningen / Bennekom to avoid long travel times.
It is strongly advised to book accommodation as soon as possible after you have registered for the spring school.
Please note: All information about spring school logistics will follow mid of April 2018.